Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Noodles
- 8 ounces medium-wide egg noodles, preferably yolk-free
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen
succotash (mixed corn and lima beans), thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh, ripe tomatoes,
diced, with 1/4 cup water (or substitute one 28-ounce can diced tomatoes)
cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Begin cooking the noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium
heat until golden.
- Add the succotash and tomatoes; continue to cook until well heated
through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the noodles are just tender, drain them and combine them with the succotash
mixture in a large serving bowl. Add the parsley, then season to taste with salt
and lots of pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.