Pennsylvania Dutch Funny Cake
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make your own favorite pie crust, enough for 3 (8-inch) crust pies.
- Chocolate Mixture: Mix first 4 ingredients and cool chocolate mixture.
- Cake: Pour chocolate mixture evenly into the 3 prepared crusts.
- Mix together the cake mixture and divide evenly into pans.
- Crumb Mixture: Mix all the topping ingredients together. Sprinkle crumbs over
all three (make more crumbs if necessary).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.