Pennsylvania Dutch Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunt's tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a medium bowl, lightly mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, 1/2 can
tomato sauce, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Pour over loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours. Baste the loaf several times during baking.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.