Pennsylvania Dutch Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in a little cold water
- Remove all skins from the peanuts.
- Cook molasses, sugar, butter and vinegar until a little of the syrup is brittle
when dropped in cold water.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanuts and baking soda.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.