Pennsylvania Dutch Sour Cream Cabbage
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage, salt and pepper and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix sugar and flour together in a medium bowl, then add sour cream and mix well;
finally stir in vinegar and mix well.
- Add mixture to cabbage and simmer all together until desired consistency is reached.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings