Shaker Village Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups. butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks, well beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten to a froth
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually and well-beaten egg yolks.
- Sift flour with soda and salt. Beat gently into butter/egg mixture.
- Fold in egg whites and mix well.
- Chill dough in refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out and shape dough with cookie cutters or drop by tablespoonsful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.