Shaker Wheaten Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 cake yeast
- 1 cup warm water, divided
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- Scald milk; add salt, butter, syrup and 3/4 cup warm water. Stir well.
Let cool to lukewarm.
- In the remaining 1/4 cup water, dissolve the yeast; add to other
- Add flour gradually and knead into a smooth ball. Place in buttered bowl
and brush top with soft butter. Let rise to double its bulk.
- Knead lightly this time and shape into loaf in pan.
- Again brush with soft butter and let rise to twice its bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shaker Recipes