Shaker Daily Bread
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 packages quick yeast
- 1 3/4 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups flour, divided
- Mix the warm water and yeast; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the warm milk, melted butter, salt, sugar and 3 cups flour to yeast
mixture. Mix together for about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups flour. Knead until elastic. Let rise; punch down.
- Let rise again; punch down.
- Cut into 2 pieces. Shape into loaves. Put in two oiled loaf pans. Let
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes.