Two-Crust Shaker Lemon Pie
This is an heirloom recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Crisco
- 6-8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced, rind removed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sugar and lemon slices, to garnish
- Crust: Combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter and Crisco until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture balls together.
- Form into ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Filling: Combine lemon peel, slices and sugar.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Divide pastry into 2 pieces. Roll half on lightly floured surface.
- Line 9-inch pie plate. Roll remaining dough for top crust.
- Combine lemon slice mixture and eggs. Pour into pastry shell. Top with other
crust. Cut slits in top crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife comes
- Garnish with lemon slices.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.