Texas Beef Brisket
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 (10-ounce) canned beef broth
- Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder,
black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and crushed bay leaf.
- Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub.
- Place in roasting pan and
roast, uncovered, for one hour at 350 degrees F.
- Add the beef broth and enough water to make 1/2 inch liquid in roasting pan.
Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours
or until fork tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.