Texas' Best Pico de Gallo
Use Texas Best Pico de Gallo as a dip, baked potato topping, or as a seasoning for pinto beans, black-eyed
peas or rice.
- 3 cups chopped onion (preferably Texas 1015)*
- 3 cups diced, firm pink-ripe tomato
- 2 avocados, diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped serrano or jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
- Combine onion, tomato, avocados, serrano pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt,
pepper and garlic salt in a large glass bowl. Drain if too juicy.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.
* Don't over-chop onion; it shouldn't be mushy
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.