Authentic Texas chili is not made with ground beef, but rather with cubed beef.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds stewing beef, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- In a large heavy pan, heat oil, and brown beef cubes on all sides.
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic and fry them with beef for about 5
- Add all the remaining ingredients except beans, and simmer the chili for
1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Add beans, and simmer 30 minutes longer.
Source: Old advertisement from Lone Star Brewing Co., Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes