Texas Ham Loaf
- 1 pound smoked ham, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until it has softened.
- Combine onion with remaining ingredients except apple cider, dark brown sugar and
the 2 teaspoons of prepared yellow mustard. Mix well.
- Place the meat in a loaf pan, and smooth its surface.
- Bake the ham loaf about 1 hour.
- While the loaf bakes, combine the apple cider, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons prepared
- After the ham loaf has baked 45 to 50 minutes, brush it with the
glaze, and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the
oven, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting the loaf.
- Serve the ham loaf hot, at room temperature, or cold.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.