Texas Jack Vermillion's Border Bread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream (no phony stuff)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers (cored)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix dry ingredients, cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
and set aside.
- Blend the sour cream, eggs, and oil in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add the cornmeal
mixture, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, corn, and peppers. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and
bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into the
center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve while still warm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes