- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans Ranch Style Texas beans, undrained
- In a 5-quart saucepot over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery; cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Add rice, sausage and ham. Cook 2 to 3 minutes to coat rice with oil, stirring frequently.
- Add next 4 ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Cover and steam 20 to 25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove bay leaf, stir in beans and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Crazy Sam Higgins/Texas Made Ranch Style Beans
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes