Texas Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cake: In a medium bowl combine the sugar and flour.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, baking soda and sour cream well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, butter, and water. Bring to a
boil. Stir the boiled peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add to
the sour cream mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 17-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
- Frosting: While the cake is baking, combine the butter, peanut
butter, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Mix well. The frosting will be thick.
- Pour and spread over cake while both are still warm.
- Let the cake and frosting cool completely.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 20 min | Yield: 20-24 servings