Texas Pecan Cake
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 5 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons warm wine
- 1 to 2 ounces lemon extract
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 1 1/2 pounds candied cherries
- 1 quart chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg yolks, then a little flour, then the baking
soda dissolved in the warm wine.
- Add the remaining flour alternately with the lemon extract.
- Stir in the fruit
and nuts; then fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Bake in pans lined with wax paper at 250 degrees F for about four hours.
Yields 4 loaves.
The finished batter will be too much for a mixing bowl, so use a large
pot to mix in the fruits, nuts and egg whites (or halve the recipe)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes