Texas Pecan Icebox Gems
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar*
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Texas pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add egg, vanilla extract, sifted dry ingredients
and pecans. Mix well.
- Shape into a long, slender roll and wrap in wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Slice very thin and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
* Brown sugar may be used if butterscotch flavor is desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes