Texas Pepper Oysters
- 4 dozen oysters, shucked (save liquor)
- 1 tablespoon or more lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 large bay leaf
- 6 large cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oyster liquor to simmering.
- Add oysters and poach 2-3 minutes until edges start to curl.
- Drain oysters; reserve broth.
- Pound peppercorns, salt, and garlic together.
- Add lime juice and sufficient reserved broth (3 to 4 tablespoons) to make
- Heat olive oil, add bay leaf and peppercorn mixture. Cook 3 minutes at high heat,
- Remove pan from heat and add oysters.
- Cool and refrigerate at least overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.
May be stored in refrigerator for several days before
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes