Texas-Style Egg and Potato Skillet
Scramble Mexican favorites, like potatoes and tortilla chips, for a fast and
tasty breakfast skillet or simple supper.
- 4 thick slices turkey bacon (4 ounces), chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo OR chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 6 flour OR whole wheat tortillas (8-inch), warmed, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown.
Pour off drippings.
- Add potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned
and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs
across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking
- pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg
remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Stir in pico de gallo; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 6
Lighter Option: Recipe can be made with reduced-fat cheese, if desired.
Nutrition: Per Serving Calories: 379 Total Fat: 18 g Saturated fat: 6 g Polyunsaturated
fat: 3 g Monounsaturated fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 277 mg Sodium: 1046 mg Carbohydrates:
32 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Protein: 21 g Vitamin A: 462.9 IU Vitamin D: 57.7 IU Folate:
91.8 mcg Calcium: 167.9 mg Iron: 3.3 mg Choline: 188.7 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes