Ultimate Texas Brisket
- 1 (4 or 5 pound) beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 2 (4 ounce) bottles Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sprinkle brisket with meat tenderizer, then cover with both bottles of Liquid
- Refrigerate overnight, covered with foil.
- The next day, sprinkle brisket with the dry mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil
and bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Loosen foil and bake for 5 hours more at 200 degrees F.
- Slice brisket very thin across the grain and serve with some of the sauce in
- Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce, if desired.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes