White Texas Sheet Cake
Good old chocolate Texas Cake has always been a family favorite for picnics.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter or margarine and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract,
and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 10 x 15 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is
golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine and milk in a saucepan;
bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread frosting over warm cake.
Yield: 1 (10 x 15 x 1 inch) sheet cake
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 12, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes