El Paso Border Beans
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
- 5 slices bacon, minced
- 3/4 cup chorizo
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 6 serrano chiles, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sauté the beans and onion in lard or oil for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In another skillet, sauté the bacon and chorizo. Drain.
- Combine the beans and onion with the drained bacon and chorizo in a pot; add
remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.