Migas (Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs and Tortillas)
- 1 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch),
halved, cut into thin strips
- 12 EGGS, beaten
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat
over medium heat until hot.
- Add salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips; stir to coat. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs
across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking
- pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg
remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2 to
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
* To make handle ovenproof, wrap it completely in aluminum foil.
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 255 Total Fat: 14g Saturated
fat: 5g Polyunsaturated fat: 2g Monounsaturated fat: 5g Cholesterol: 384mg Sodium:
424mg Carbohydrates: 16g Dietary Fiber: 2g Protein: 17g Vitamin A: 803IU Vitamin
D: 84.4IU Folate: 79.9mcg Calcium: 191.7mg Iron: 2.5mg Choline: 254.2mg
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.