Tex-Mex Baked Potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mild or hot salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Scrub potatoes; pierce skin with fork. Bake at 400 degrees F until tender, about
- Fifteen minutes before potatoes are done, sauté meat in hot skillet until all
- Add salsa and chili powder to meat. Cover. Cook over medium heat for about 10
- Add green pepper and olives to meat mixture. Heat through.
- Cut baked potatoes open. Spoon hot meat mixture into potatoes. Top at once with
cheese so that it melts slightly.
- Serve with lettuce sprinkled on top and with sliced tomatoes alongside.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tex-Mex Recipes