Tex Mex Bean, Sweet Peppers and Peach Salad
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can California cling sliced
- 1 can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 sweet peppers, preferably
red and green, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 green onions,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
each salt and dried oregano leaves
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped
- Thaw corn.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Then chop peaches into bite-size
chunks and add to a large bowl along with corn, beans, peppers and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk reserved peach juice with oil, vinegar, garlic, chili
powder, salt, oregano and cayenne. Stir into salad along with coriander. Add
more salt and cayenne if needed.
Recipe and photo credit:
the California Cling Peach Board.