Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Chili
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 package Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 (15 or 16 ounce) can kidney beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 or 16 ounce) can tomatoes or stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine rice-vermicelli mix, special seasonings,
water, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, chili powder and cumin. Bring
to a boil, then reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered, about 20 minutes or until
rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tex-Mex Recipes