Tex-Mex Chunky Rice
- 1 (6 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine rice mix, water, beans, tomatoes, bell pepper,
onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer,
uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed,
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tex-Mex Recipes