Tex-Mex Four-Cheese Potato Casserole
- 1 (2-pound) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the top oven rack about 5 inches way from the broiler element, and turn
the broiler on high.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes into a microwave-safe, 2-quart casserole dish. Dot
the potatoes with the butter.
- Sprinkle the chili powder over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the potatoes.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap, and cut 2 small holes in the wrap for
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap, and stir in the garlic.
- Re-cover the dish, and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until completely heated
- Remove the dish from the microwave, discard the plastic wrap, and sprinkle on
the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place the casserole under the hot broiler for about 2 minutes, or until cheese
melts and begins to turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tex-Mex Recipes