- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces and floured
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 quart chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound okra
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Brown chicken pieces in hot oil in stew pot.
- Add onions, tomatoes, bouillon, salt and cayenne. Simmer covered until chicken
- Wash okra; snip off ends and cut into rounds.
- Add okra and simmer uncovered until tender.
- Thicken with flour.
Variation: Substitute 2 pounds washed, shelled and deveined shrimp or prawns
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes