- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Sauté onions, garlic and celery in butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for twenty minutes in covered iron pot.
- Add alligator meat and let cook over low heat until tender, about 1 hour.
If gravy is too thick, add a little hot water.
- Serve over rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole Recipes