Looking for quick Cajun comfort food? This sandwich melt made with Johnsonville® Sausage offers multiple layers and textures that will perfectly please any palate. The secret to this recipe is the smoked rope sausage, flavored with just the right amount of herbs and spices for an authentic Cajun flavor. Add in some onion, mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese, for a magnificent meal in a matter of minutes!
- 1/2 package JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Rope Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 hoagie or sub roll, split in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay® Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Red onion, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place roll halves, cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and seafood seasoning; spread over cut sides of roll.
- Layer with the sausage, cheese and red onions.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 2 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 10 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: