Avery Island Punch
- 1/2 cup cassis (currant-flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 pineapples, quartered lengthwise
- 2 oranges, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 limes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 red and firm-fleshed apples, such as Cortland or Empire, or firm-fleshed pears, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 (750-milliliter) chilled bottles sparkling white wine
- Place all ingredients except wine into a large punch bowl or container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, pour in sparkling wine.
Yield: eight 14-ounce servings
Nutrition information per serving: protein: .86 g; fat: .51 g; carbohydrate:
26.3 g; fiber: 2.2 g; sodium: 11 mg; cholesterol: 0; calories: 240
Source: Country Living on-line
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing