Bacon and Rice Creole
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup raw rice (not quick-cooking)
- Simmer vegetables and spices in a saucepan.
- At the same time, fry the bacon.
- When bacon is done, remove from pan and crumble into small pieces.
- Drain off all but 3 tablespoons of fat, to which add the raw rice. Let rice
- Add the vegetables and bacon; let simmer over very low heat for 30 minutes.
Check after 20 minutes to see if it is drying out. If so, add more tomatoes,
or some water, or a combination of both.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing