Baked Cajun Cabbage
- 1 large cabbage, cut bite size
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded*
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* Can use hot Mexican Velveeta cheese instead.
- Boil cabbage for 5 to 10 minutes, uncovered, until tender-crisp. Drain. Place in casserole.
- Blend butter and flour in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and Cheddar Cheese. Blend well until melted. Pour over cabbage.
- Top with the bread crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Serves 8 to 10.