Banana Bread Pudding (Cajun)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Grated lemon peel
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Add bread
and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the bananas.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Add the bread mixture.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan and add hot water until it reaches
1 1/2 inches up the sides of the inside pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the water and allow to cool on a wire rack for
10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing