Baton Rouge Chicken
WARNING! This is VERY spicy!
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spice Mix: On a sheet of wax paper, combine cayenne pepper, paprika, black
pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, chili powder, thyme and
mustard. Mix well.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or other large heavy skillet over medium-high
heat until very hot, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush chicken with butter or margarine.
- Dredge chicken in spice mixture, patting firmly to adhere.
- Place chicken in prepared skillet and cook, turning once, until coating
is blackened and chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a serving platter.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings