Bayou Country Smoky Creole Mustard Sauce
Use as a dipping sauce for fried seafood and vegetables. It may also be used
as a sauce for grilled chicken, pork chops, etc.
- 2/3 cup bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- 2/3 cup bacon drippings
- 2/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 16 ounces Zatarain's Creole Mustard
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
- Cook bacon until crisp, set aside.
- Add chopped green onions to bacon drippings, cook over low heat for about
- Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes over low
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until desired.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing