Bayou Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 whole clove
- 1 teaspoon minced chile peppers
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh okra
- In a saucepan, sauté the scallions in oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar and clove. Stir, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove and discard clove.
- Stir in the okra, chiles, tomatoes and parsley. Simmer, covered, for 10
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing