Bayou Yam Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup mashed yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and
- In medium bowl beat eggs, stir in coffee, butter, yams and Tabasco sauce.
- Make a well in center or dry ingredients; add yam mixture and stir just
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
Favorite Recipes: Louisiana Cookin' from Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce,
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing