Beef Boudin Boulettes
- 4 ounces beef liver, cubed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces finely shredded beef
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 eggs, beaten, divided
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Jalapeño pepper jelly (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add
beef liver; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until brown.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and salt; cook for 7 to 8
minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in shredded beef, rice, Creole
Seasoning, broth and green onion, mix to combine. Set skillet aside to
- Add 2 beaten eggs; mix to combine.
- Shape beef mixture into twenty-four 1-inch Boulettes (meatballs).
Combine remaining egg and milk in shallow dish. Place flour in second
shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in third shallow dish. Dip each
Boulette into flour, then into milk mixture, then into bread crumbs to
coat all sides.
- Heat counter top fryer to 350 degrees F per manufacturing
instructions. Fry Boulettes for 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown on all
sides; drain on paper towels. Fry in batches, if needed to avoid
- Sprinkle Boulettes with additional Creole Seasoning immediately
after removing from oil.
- Serve Boulettes with pepper jelly, as desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 287 Calories; 6.7 g Total Fat; 2.1
g Saturated Fat; 0.9 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.2 g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.1 g
Trans Fat; 150 mg Cholesterol; 997 mg Sodium; 263 mg Potassium; 36 g Total
carbohydrate; 19 g Protein; 3.1 mg Iron; 5.8 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6;
146.2 mg Choline; 10.8 mcg Vitamin B12; 2.9 mg Zinc; 25.6 mcg Selenium; 0.7
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Team