Bloody Mary Chicken Creole
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) fryer, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups bloody Mary mix
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consommé
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken,
turning to brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and sauté for about five minutes, or until
they are soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bloody Mary mix, garlic, bay leaves, salt, cayenne, wine and consommé. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken
- Add the parsley and serve over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings