Bloody Mary Crawfish Jambalaya
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bloody Mary mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can beef consommé
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a 3-quart saucepan cook celery, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno (if using)
and garlic in butter for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add bloody Mary mix, beef consommé, salt and cayenne pepper. Bring mixture
- Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is
- Add crawfish and mushrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until crawfish
are heated through.
- Serve in soup bowls. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings