Blue Bayou Jambalaya
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked regular white rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup cubed, cooked ham
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In large skillet; sauté onion, green pepper, clove garlic and rice in butter
until onion is transparent.
- Stir in ketchup and remaining ingredients, except shrimp; cover. Simmer
for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp; continue to simmer, tossing mixture gently with a fork until
shrimp is tender, about 5 minutes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing