Bold Firehouse Sausage Creole Macaroni
This delicious one-pot meal delivers on flavor and heartiness; your family will
love the Creole flavors.
- 1 pound cooked pork Andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 box (6.1 ounces) Hamburger Helper™ Bold Firehouse Chili Macaroni
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- In 10-inch skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until starting to brown.
- Stir in hot water, uncooked pasta and sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box),
tomatoes, onions, peppers and celery. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; uncover (sauce will thicken as it stands).
- Stir before serving.
15 min prep time | 25 min total time | 5 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 serving Calories 310 Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 11g 16% Saturated Fat 3g 16% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 70mg 24% Sodium
1400mg 59% Total Carbohydrate 32g 11% Dietary Fiber 3g 13% Sugars 4g 4% Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 2% Iron 15%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury