Bourbon Street Muffuletta Braid
Savor the flavors of the French Quarter in New Orleans with a twist on the classic
salami and ham muffuletta sandwich.
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar), diced
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mortadella (from deli)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment
- In medium bowl, mix olives, red peppers, oil, vinegar, capers, garlic and
salt; set aside.
- On large cookie sheet, unroll both dough sheets, placing long sides together
to make 15 x 12-inch rectangle; press edges to seal.
- In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush thin layer over
dough. Reserve remaining egg mixture.
- Place ham lengthwise down center of rectangle in 6-inch-wide strip. Layer
ham with salami, cheese, olive mixture and mortadella.
- Using kitchen scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on each long
side of rectangle to within 1/2 inch of filling.
- Fold strips of dough diagonally over filling, alternating from side to side
and pressing to seal.
- Brush remaining egg mixture over dough.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into slices.
- Serve warm.
prep time 20 min | total time 1 hr 5 min | servings 8
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury