Bourbon Street Po' Boys
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 pound beef, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 hero rolls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until flour browns, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about
5 minutes; gradually stir in broth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and thyme; stir constantly until mixture
boils and thickens.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each roll, and scoop out soft insides.
- Arrange meat on each roll.
- Spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.
Yield: 4 po' boys
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes