- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 pound smoked sausage,
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- Put oil into a heavy 5-quart pot. Add ground chuck, sausage, celery, bell
pepper and garlic and stir until brown.
- Add Ro*Tel, beef bouillon cubes, water and rice. Bring to a boil. Cover
and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until rice is done. About 15 minutes before the
jambalaya is done, stir in the cabbage.