- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 pound smoked sausage,
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- Put oil into a heavy 5-quart pot. Add ground chuck, sausage, celery, bell
pepper and garlic and stir until brown.
- Add Ro*Tel, beef bouillon cubes, water and rice. Bring to a boil. Cover
and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until rice is done. About 15 minutes before the
jambalaya is done, stir in the cabbage.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce