Cafe au Lait Luzianne
This is a real Louisiana tradition.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 4 to 6 cups strongly-brewed Luzianne
Coffee with Chicory
- Combine milk and cream in a saucepan. Bring just a boil (bubbles will form
around the edges of the pan).
- Remove from heat.
- Pour a little coffee in each of four mugs or large coffee cups.
- Then pour coffee and steamed milk together until cups are 3/4 filled.
Yield: 6 to 8 cups
* Skim milk can be substituted for milk and cream.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce