Cajun Alfredo Skillet
Bite-size pieces of chicken are tossed together with Cajun seasoning, beef sausage,
bell peppers and onions in this easy Alfredo-style skillet.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup each halved green and red pepper strips
- 1 onion, slivered
- 3 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- Toss chicken with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Mix cream cheese spread and 2 tablespoons milk until blended.
- Cut sausage lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook
6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring
- Add sausage; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese mixture, remaining milk and seasoning; cook and stir for
2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in pasta.
8 servings, 1 cup each | | Prep Time 25 min. Total Time 25 min.
Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Dressing.
For a spicier dish, prepare using andouille sausage.
Substitute cooked long-grain brown rice for the penne pasta.
Nutritional Information Serving Size 8 servings, 1 cup each Amount per serving:
Calories 340 Total fat 18g Saturated fat 8g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 390mg Carbohydrate
21g Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 3g Protein 21g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 15% DV Vitamin C 20% DV Calcium 6% DV Iron 8% DV
Reprinted with permission from kraftrecipes.com.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce