Cajun Alfredo Skillet
Bite-size pieces of chicken are tossed together with Cajun seasoning, beef sausage,
bell peppers and onions in this easy Alfredo-style skillet.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup each halved green and red pepper strips
- 1 onion, slivered
- 3 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- Toss chicken with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Mix cream cheese spread and 2 tablespoons milk until blended.
- Cut sausage lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook
6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring
- Add sausage; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese mixture, remaining milk and seasoning; cook and stir for
2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in pasta.
8 servings, 1 cup each | | Prep Time 25 min
Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Dressing.
For a spicier dish, prepare using andouille sausage.
Substitute cooked long-grain brown rice for the penne pasta.
Nutritional Information Serving Size 8 servings, 1 cup each Amount per serving:
Calories 340 Total fat 18g Saturated fat 8g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 390mg Carbohydrate
21g Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 3g Protein 21g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 15% DV Vitamin C 20% DV Calcium 6% DV Iron 8% DV
Recipe and photo credit: kraftrecipes.com